House of Moves was founded in 1996. We don’t rest on the laurels of our proven track record of growth, financial stability, and long-term customer relationships; we are a boundary-pushing technical and creative power generator and seek like-minded adventurers. We strive for solutions to problems that others don’t even have yet. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
2/24/16: House of Moves is looking for a Maya Rigging TD (Temporary Position).
Job Responsibilities: House of Moves is looking to hire an enthusiastic Maya Rigging TD to join us in Los Angeles. A core understanding of Maya animation and rigging workflows, basic scripting (py or mel) and human anatomy are a must. Motion capture related experience is a plus.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3+ years of CG / Visual Effects or equivalent rigging experience.
Strong knowledge of rigging in Maya.
Familiarity with debugging techniques used in Maya with node networks and connections.
General understanding of kinematics, deformation and motion.
Experience developing scripts and tools within a CG animation pipeline, preferably in Python.
Understanding of automated rig generating systems, animation/rigging pipelines and manual rigging techniques.
Understanding of motion capture requirements and general workflows.
Basic 3D math knowledge.
Basic understanding of 3D modeling techniques.
Experience with Facial Solving Systems and theories (3D Marker, 2D Tracking, Joint & Shape Solves, and F.A.C.S.)
Unreal (UE4) Artist/Generalist
House of Moves is looking for a seasoned UE4 Artist/Generalist for a short term project. Applicants should have both artistic and technical experience with the UE4 and be ready to hit the ground running. Experience with VR, specifically HTC Vive, a strong plus.
- Artistic Skills: work in UE4 to combine assets, build shaders, lighting
- Technical Skills: create blueprints to control UI elements, triggers, events and procedural animation
- Work Style: Highly organized and able to work within a small group. Deadline focused.
- Communication: Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with game engines or VR
- Proficient in Unreal 4, especially shaders and lighting
- UE4 Blueprint proficient, additional coding skills a plus
- Positive attitude, self-motivated individual who can execute a plan as well as proactively adjust to changes
- Location: This job is in Los Angeles and applicants must be local, no remote work, no relocation costs.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Additional Game Engines (Unity, Cryengine)
- General knowledge across all game production departments including modeling (low poly and high poly), lighting, texturing, animation.
- Additional asset creation software, especially Maya, Photoshop, z-brush, mudbox
- Experience with level design and user experience
- Version Control: SVN, Perforce
- Je ne sais quoi
5/10/16: House of Moves is looking for Engine Tools Developer.
House of Moves is actively seeking submissions of resume from Engine Tools Developers. The specifics of what we’re seeking currently include:
This position will create and maintain tools to support the real-time streaming and rendering pipeline within the UnReal engine. The engine tools developer will work directly with the pipeline team, artists and management to identify and build tools that will enable the creation and delivery of high quality animation from real-time and post rendering. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US and be located in the Los Angeles area.
Minimum B.S. in Computer Science or 4+ years relevant experience
Extensive working knowledge of C++
Network Programming: TCP/UDP
General 3D mathematics: Trigonometry, Linear Algebra, Quaternion/Euler Rotations
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Game Engine experience, especially Unreal
Familiarity with 3D animation software and workflows (Maya or MotionBuilder preferred)
Motion Capture experience, especially Vicon Blade
Additional Programming Languages: C#, Python
Parallel (GPU) Programming
2/24/16: House of Moves is looking for Animators.
House of Moves is actively seeking submissions of reel and resume from talented animators. The specifics of what we’re seeking currently include:
- Keyframe animation experience
- A keen artistic eye and a sense of timing and action
- Ability to work closely with Lead Animator and a dedicated team to put out high quality work
- Must be eligible to work in the United States with I9 documentation or US Citizen
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
- MoBu: relevant tools are Story mode, Timewarp, looping, blending.
- Maya experience.
- In-game experience is a plus.