House of Moves was founded in 1996. We don’t rest on the laurels of our proven track record of growth, financial stability, and long-term customer relationships; we are a boundary-pushing technical and creative power generator and seek like-minded adventurers. We strive for solutions to problems that others don’t even have yet. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Interested individuals please send a cover letter, resume/CV and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maya Rigging and Simulation TD
House of Moves is looking for a Maya Rigging and Simulation TD.
House of Moves is looking to hire an enthusiastic Maya Rigging TD to join us in Los Angeles. A core understanding of Maya rigging and simulation workflows, basic scripting (py or mel) and human anatomy are a must. Game Engine and Motion capture related experience is a plus.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3+ years of CG / Visual Effects or equivalent rigging experience.
Strong knowledge of character rigging, kinematics, deformation and motion.
Simulation in Maya (nCloth, nHair)
Familiarity with debugging techniques used in Maya with node networks and connections.
Understanding of automated rig generating systems, animation/rigging pipelines and manual rigging techniques.
Understanding of motion capture requirements and general workflows.
Experience with Facial Solving Systems and theories (3D Marker, 2D Tracking, Joint & Shape Solves, and F.A.C.S.)
Basic 3D math knowledge.
Experience developing scripts and tools within a CG animation pipeline, preferably in Python.
Game Engines – Unreal 4.x, Unity
Unreal Engine APEX
Basic understanding of 3D modeling techniques.
Unreal (UE4) Artist/Generalist
House of Moves is looking for a seasoned UE4 Artist/Generalist for a short term project. Applicants should have both artistic and technical experience with the UE4 and be ready to hit the ground running. Experience with VR, specifically HTC Vive, a strong plus.
- Artistic Skills: work in UE4 to combine assets, build shaders, lighting
- Technical Skills: create blueprints to control UI elements, triggers, events and procedural animation
- Work Style: Highly organized and able to work within a small group. Deadline focused.
- Communication: Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with game engines or VR
- Proficient in Unreal 4, especially shaders and lighting
- UE4 Blueprint proficient, additional coding skills a plus
- Positive attitude, self-motivated individual who can execute a plan as well as proactively adjust to changes
- Location: This job is in Los Angeles and applicants must be local, no remote work, no relocation costs.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Additional Game Engines (Unity, Cryengine)
- General knowledge across all game production departments including modeling (low poly and high poly), lighting, texturing, animation.
- Additional asset creation software, especially Maya, Photoshop, z-brush, mudbox
- Experience with level design and user experience
- Version Control: SVN, Perforce
- Je ne sais quoi