House of Moves was founded in 1996. We don’t rest on the laurels of our proven track record of growth, financial stability, and long-term customer relationships; we are a boundary-pushing technical and creative power generator and seek like-minded adventurers. We strive for solutions to problems that others don’t even have yet. We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Unreal (UE4) Artist/Generalist
House of Moves is looking for a seasoned UE4 Artist/Generalist for a short term project. Applicants should have both artistic and technical experience with the UE4 and be ready to hit the ground running. Experience with VR, specifically HTC Vive, a strong plus.
- Artistic Skills: work in UE4 to combine assets, build shaders, lighting
- Technical Skills: create blueprints to control UI elements, triggers, events and procedural animation
- Work Style: Highly organized and able to work within a small group. Deadline focused.
- Communication: Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 2 years professional experience with game engines or VR
- Proficient in Unreal 4, especially shaders and lighting
- UE4 Blueprint proficient, additional coding skills a plus
- Positive attitude, self-motivated individual who can execute a plan as well as proactively adjust to changes
- Location: This job is in Los Angeles and applicants must be local, no remote work, no relocation costs.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Additional Game Engines (Unity, Cryengine)
- General knowledge across all game production departments including modeling (low poly and high poly), lighting, texturing, animation.
- Additional asset creation software, especially Maya, Photoshop, z-brush, mudbox
- Experience with level design and user experience
- Version Control: SVN, Perforce
- Je ne sais quoi
5/10/16: House of Moves is looking for Engine Tools Developer.
House of Moves is actively seeking submissions of resume from Engine Tools Developers. The specifics of what we’re seeking currently include:
This position will create and maintain tools to support the real-time streaming and rendering pipeline within the UnReal engine. The engine tools developer will work directly with the pipeline team, artists and management to identify and build tools that will enable the creation and delivery of high quality animation from real-time and post rendering. Applicants must be eligible to work in the US and be located in the Los Angeles area.
Minimum B.S. in Computer Science or 4+ years relevant experience
Extensive working knowledge of C++
Network Programming: TCP/UDP
General 3D mathematics: Trigonometry, Linear Algebra, Quaternion/Euler Rotations
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Game Engine experience, especially Unreal
Familiarity with 3D animation software and workflows (Maya or MotionBuilder preferred)
Motion Capture experience, especially Vicon Blade
Additional Programming Languages: C#, Python
Parallel (GPU) Programming
2/24/16: House of Moves is looking for Animators.
House of Moves is actively seeking submissions of reel and resume from talented animators. The specifics of what we’re seeking currently include:
- Keyframe animation experience
- A keen artistic eye and a sense of timing and action
- Ability to work closely with Lead Animator and a dedicated team to put out high quality work
- Must be eligible to work in the United States with I9 documentation or US Citizen
- Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
- MoBu: relevant tools are Story mode, Timewarp, looping, blending.
- Maya experience.
- In-game experience is a plus.